What is Sedation Dentistry?
For many people, the thought of going to the dentist can be pretty daunting, especially if they suffer from dental anxiety or nervousness. This problem is more common than you might expect, and at Dental Excellence at FishHawk in Lithia, FL, we are proud to offer a number of different sedation dentistry treatment options that can help our more nervous patients.
Sedation dentistry is designed to help nervous or anxious patients to receive the care that they need. If you have any of the following experiences, you may want to consider sedation dentistry:
- Previous dental visits that were uncomfortable.
- Procedures that require a longer amount of time.
- If going to the dentist makes you feel, nervous, or anxious.
- If you have skipped dental visits in the past because you were frightened, nervous, or anxious.
- If you have teeth that are excessively sensitive, or if you have been resistant to “numbing” in the past.
Dental Sedation Techniques We Offer:
Our compassionate team offers several different sedation dentistry options so that the needs of our Lithia – Valrico area patients are taken care of. The sedation dentistry options we offer at Dental Excellence include:
- IV Sedation – IV sedation is a great sedation dentistry option that is highly effective and safe. Frequently, IV sedation is used for lengthier procedures, helping to provide comfort and relaxation during treatment.
- Conscious Sedation – Conscious sedation (which is also called oral conscious sedation) is another great sedation method to help more nervous patients be calm and relaxed during treatment. With conscious sedation, you are given a sedation pill that usually is taken before your visit with us. This pill helps you relax during your visit.
- Laughing Gas – You might have heard of laughing gas before, or at least by its other name; laughing gas. Laughing gas remains the most popular sedation method for patients who need a little extra help to feel comfortable and relaxed while getting the dental care that they need.
The modern dental sedation techniques we use at Dental Excellence at FishHawk are safe, comfortable and effective. We are confident that with the help of sedation dentistry, that we can help keep you calm and relaxed so that you can get top quality dental treatments that you deserve.
Experience Relaxation Dentistry in Lithia!
Have any questions about sedation dentistry in Lithia, FL? Give us a call today and our helpful staff will be more than happy to assist and put your dental anxiety at ease, once and for all! We also have locations FishHawk and Valrico.